Monday, April 18, 2011

Snicker Doodle Cookies

Yesterday Grann sent home cookies with the girls. They were with their daddy and were on their way home but stopped to visit a bit. She packed  up some goodies like she always does, this time is was snicker doodle cookies.
Today they are having the snicker doodle cookies as an after school snack with a tall glass of ice cold milk. The girls  have a good bit of homework to do and I am sure Grann's cookies will be gone by the time they are finished (I tucked a few of them away for Spencer).
 I remember the first time I made snicker doodle cookies. I was about ten years old, the age Natalie is now. My parents gave me a cookbook for Christmas. It was red and white gingham and was full of recipes, easy recipes to learn to cook by. This was the first recipe I picked to bake. I remember mom helping me make them the first time. My favorite part about the cookie was the cinnamon and sugar on top.

Grann also sent home her recipe box home with Jerome and the girls yesterday. I can't wait to make some of her recipes and to put this book together.


~Amber Hope

3 comments:

  1. Your vintage style photography is wonderful!
    How are you doing this? It's great!
    Your newest follower~
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber I came over a little early for the tour (I have the secret list of all the homes :) I see you are a new blog but with the few entries you have so far I know it will be very successful!!

    Became your newest follower and looking forward to seeing your home!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete